Thursday, January 22, 2009

August 30, 1979 - Thursday (all day)


Would you believe it? Nothing happened again today. Things sure are slowing down. I hope there's a party tomorrow night, because I feel like getting drunk.
I bought Zappa's "Joe's Garage" album today. It's not that good, but I like Zappa, and it's dirty.
Gene and Roger hated "Americathon". Roger called it one of the worst movies he's ever seen. I hope it doesn't make any money. That is a fluke stupid movie.
I don't know what else to say. Tomorrow's my last full time day for the summer. Back to school Tuesday, and not a day too soon. Too many weird things have been happening this summer. Have to get back in a groove.
I'm beginning to think there's no more need of this book, but something's got to happen this weekend, and maybe when I go back to school, I'll scrap it.

Do not fear, readers-this book goes on for over two more years. Granted, like I said, the entries aren't every day, and the news isn't always interesting, but it does go on.
Who was I trying to kid? I don't particularly like Frank Zappa, with the exception of a few songs, one of them being "Joe's Garage". I wasted a lot of money on records that I could (and have) downloaded for free these days.
When I mentioned it before, I said "Americathon" wasn't the worst film I've even seen, though at the time Gene and Roger (Siskel and Ebert) were probably right in their assessment. However, if you go to the page for the film on Wikipedia, there's a list of things that were depicted satirically in the film that have actually come to pass in the years since. The star of the film, John Ritter, being dead was not among these predictions. I will give it one thing as well-it has a great soundtrack album.

No comments:

Post a Comment