
When I was 18 years old, fresh out of high school, I worked at Robertson's Factories in Taunton, Massachusetts. Back in the days when companies could afford such things, they sponsored two softball teams in the town's "Industrial League", made up of teams sponsored by businesses. I played for the "B-team", made up solely of Robertson's employees. The "A-team" was ringers that didn't necessarily work for the company. We were probably the worst team in the league, but did we ever have fun doing it.
That explains the name of this blog, but that's pretty much a sidebar to what was going on in my life. I was a horny virgin, but a good Catholic boy, so you can see the conflict here. Plus, I was fat and acne ridden, so it wasn't like I could get laid, well, at all. I was headed to college in the fall, but I knew this was probably the most important summer of my life, so I started a journal at the beginning of July, 1979. Thirty years later, I still have it, and my plan is to transcribe the whole thing here, along with my current thoughts on what was happening back then. If you're sports phobic, well, as I said, that's just a side bar. If you're interested in what was going on in the world back in those days, well there's some of that in here too.
I'll try to work on this whenever I have the time, but my current vocation as a mail carrier keeps me busy most days. From part time janitor to a mail carrier. Not bad.
The posts from the past journal will be in regular type, with my comments from "the future" in italics. There will be some slight editing of some of the old journal entries, as they go beyond embarrassing in some spots, but that will be minimal, and probably mostly irrelevant to the story. Yes, these are all real people, but I'm not sure if some of them are now deceased, insane, or improved their lot in life. If any of them happen upon this and are offended, I apologize. If you happen to know any of these people, for God's sake, don't tell them about this blog!!!
I've wanted to do this for a long time. Let my legacy begin....

No comments:
Post a Comment