Monday, January 19, 2009

August 14, 1979 - Tuesday (night)

I'm ending my day in a very laid back way by listening to the Eagles' "Hotel California" before bed (Actually, I'm taping it) My song, "Victim Of Love" is on it. Even Denise likes that song. She told me so when I played it at the Atlantic last night. "Hotel California" is damn close by my standards to being a perfect album. A few cuts are fair, but "The Last Resort", "New Kid In Town", "Hotel California", and "Life In The Fast Lane" are super songs. "Victim Of Love" is my number one, though.
I didn't do anything tonight. I rode by Ingell St. twice, but Denise wasn't around. She was home, though, because her car was in the yard. Christian Nunes was walking down the street, so I stopped to talk to him. I told him about John DeCunha's charades last night.
John was so bombed he threw a whole deck of cards around the lounge. That bastard gets crazy when he gets drunk. He was singing along with "Black Betty", too. We weren't laughing with him, we were laughing at him. I like John, though, he's a regular guy.
As "The Last Resort" comes to a close, I prepare for bed and bid you a sweet adieu and pleasant dreams until tomorrow.

It's funny-even when I hear "Black Betty" today, I think about that night at the Atlantic and still laugh. I haven't listened to "Hotel California" in it's entirety for a long time, and though it does have a reputation as a classic album, and I do have "Victim Of Love" on my MP3 player, it's not the album I think about when I remember that summer. That would be "Breakfast In America" by Supertramp, which I did listen to quite a bit at the time. I do believe that comes up later in the story. Music was a really important part of my life at the time, so much so, that later in the journal, I quote lines from songs that correspond to how I'm feeling at the time. I do have a soundtrack album for this journal that I made a few years back, and contains all the songs that had an impact on me at the time, and I still love most of them today. You can download it here from Rapidshare:
The Softball Diaries soundtrack
And here's a Megashares link:
The Softball Diaries soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment