It's 6:00, and I think I'm going over to tape with Steve later tonight. Elliot likes his new job, which is goo, because he shouldn't got up at 2:30 for nothing.
I'm listening to The A's again, but not the whole thing, just that one song. It's uncanny how much it reminds me of my love affair with Denise. I'll bet she does think I'm a teenage jerk-off.
The softball banquet is at the end of next month, and tickets are $5 a couple (awesome), so that means I have to ask someone. The obvious choice is Denise, but if she hasn't turned the tables on Elliot by then, she'll go with him. There are other prime candidates, too.
Dina. She's #1 on the list, because I think she should go, and if she's not going with Jay or Elliot, that leave me. I want to take her.
karen Lane. Steve said he'd let me borrow her for the night, but he doubts if she'd want to go with me. She'll be gone by then anyway.
Rosa Henriques. If I get to know her well enough by then, I wouldn't mind taking her.
Cheryl Jackson. A perfect choice. If she's not going with Joe Elisio, I'll bet she'd go with me for sure. The only thing is, could I stand her for one night?
That's four I could take, and by the end of next month when the banquet rolls around, you never know, I could be seeing anybody else in the world, maybe even Sally.
I wish that for just one week I could leave Chandler Ave. and work at Robertson's in Merced, California, just to see if people in California have these kind of problems. I'll write again before bed.
Jesus, the damn banquet is over a month away, and I'm already worrying who I'm going to take as a date. Just stay the hell home, already. If I could transport myself back in time to Taunton, Massachusetts in 1979, I'd find me, and, well, I've give me a good talking to, I would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment