Monday, January 19, 2009

August 19, 1979 - Sunday (all day)

Nothing much happened today. I was the only one that showed up for the game this afternoon. Bay State threw one pitch and we lost. It figures. So I went down to Reid's Field and watched Carvel play Foot Mart with Ilda. I went by Denise's three times today. The car was in the yard, but she wasn't around, so I didn't see her today. Forget about it. I'll see her plenty, because everyone's going down to Jack's after the girls' game tomorrow.
I've got eyes for Ilda's little sister now, and Dave's sister isn't too bad, either, but I think she might be a little too young for me. I think I'll ask Ilda about her sister. She looks just like her, and that's not bad at all.
I don't have much to write about. Carvel lost to Food Mart, but it was a great game. I'm starting to scout out new teams that I might want to play for next year. Who could it be? I do like the Raynham league. I probably should stay with RII, though, just to get the experience. Maybe I can be a Summer Hero next year. Denise, Elliot, Steve, Marty, Joe, John, Karen, Dave, Dina, Jay, Ilda-they're the real Summer Heroes. I just throw up in my sleep and let myself be a victim of love.

Summer Heroes? What does that even mean? We played on an Industrial League softball team, drank a lot, and worked in a factory. Yeah, there's a reason to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment