Wild times are here again. The old gang went down to the Atlantic last night and we all got loaded. Yes, even me. Dina was there, and Elliot, Marty, Diane, Sandy McKee, Denise, Karen, and Steve. It was like a fuckin' reunion. I stumbled in at midnight.
I got up at 5:00 this morning to go to work. I felt like I was split in half. I ate two bowls of Lucky Charms and I felt a lot better. They ought to sell that stuff in drug stores. I got to work at 5:45, about 15 minutes before Frank, so I read the paper until he got there. I left at 11, and now I feel like going back to sleep.
I'm on a record buying tear, two more last night making five in three days. Neil Young and J. Geils are now represented in my vast collection.
Diane was mad at me last night because I went home with her instead of waiting for Marty to leave. The only ones there were Sandy, Dina, and Denise, and I wouldn't worry about them. The one I would worry about-Jeannie-Diane doesn't know about. Last night, I didn't care. Elliot said I walked into the door on the way out. It was Just Another Night.
I assume I capitalized Just Another Night in reference to the Ian Hunter song.
The truly funny thing about this entry is that I used Lucky Charms as a hangover remedy, and said that they ought to sell it in drugstores. We have three stores in North Conway that can be classified as drugstores, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS, and I'm willing to bet you could walk into any of the three right now and have no problem finding a box of Lucky Charms. See, back in the day, drugstores basically sold just pharmaceuticals and the like, but with the advent of every single grocery and department store having a pharmacy counter, drugstores expanded their selection and started carrying groceries. This was unheard of in 1979. Unheard of, I say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment