Thursday, February 12, 2009

October 27, 1979 - Saturday


I am bummed out and pissed off. I carted Elliot and Steve around all night, then at 10:00, they dump me so they can go to some asshole Halloween party. They wanted me to go, but I wasn't even fuckin' invited, and I wouldn't have gone even if I was. I hate parties, especially with people I don't know.
Me and Steve went to Lupo's last night. It's a pretty good place, but I had a rotten time. What the fuck do you want from me? I can't have fun sitting there drinking with Steve.
I'm sick of being used. Next time me and anybody go anywhere, they drive or I don't go. If I don't drive, they don't want me to go anyway. Steve won't even help me get Sally.
Elliot and Denise had a big blow out tonight, but she's going to be impossible for me to even see or talk to anymore. Bill got canned, so there goes my inbetween man. I don't want her anyway, the crab carrying slut.
Saw Pitts and Ilda tonight at Capeway. It's been a long time. Never even see Marty anymore, except at work. He's an asshole anyway, so is Sandy Moniz. Tonight I hate everybody.

What a rotten attitude.
Capeway is the bowling alley on Rt 44 in Raynham. I bowled there in a league as a kid. They have duckpin bowling, which is perhaps the rarest form of bowling, and exclusive to New England and Canada, I believe.
I wish I'd gone more in depth about my first visit to Lupo's. Lupo's was a legendary nightclub in downtown Providence that played host to virtually every great band over the years, though it was, in fact, a shithole. Off the top of my head, I saw The Joe Perry Project and Robert Ellis Orrall there-I don't remember who else. A movie called "Complex World" was filmed there. I recommend it. The original Lupo's was torn down in the 80's, and a new one, which I've never been to, opened a few blocks away. I just checked their website and The English Beat are there tonight. I would so go if I were in the area. Derek would be interested, as his favorite band Silverstein is there in April. He could start a new family tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment