I got the guts to do what I had to do today-ask Dina to the banquet. I was all psyched by the time I got to work and she wasn't there. Shit. Tomorrow, for sure.
I don't know what I'll do if she says no-and Marty says she will. I would ask Cheryl, except she's going to that wedding Saturday night. There's a new girl working in the office, and she's only 18. Cheryl said to ask her (Susan), but I don't even know her. I'm up against a corner.
Rode into school with David Barney today. He's a fun loving person if there was one. He's really good friends with Jay, so I think he got a little mad when I said I was asking Dina. There's no love lost between Jay and his friends and Dina and her friends. Even Sandy hates her. I could be putting myself in the middle of a civil war.
Watched "Coming Home" tonight, and it was excellent-almost as good as "The Deer Hunter". War stories tear me up. That's why I'm writing this one.
Maybe if I had concentrated on my school work instead of worrying about who I was going to take to a stupid softball banquet, I'd have gotten a good education and been retired by now. Stupid hormones.
I think history has shown that "Coming Home", which well regarded as a good film, is not in the same league as "Deer Hunter".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment