Sunday, February 1, 2009

September 6, 1979 - Thursday (all day)

New clues. I talked to Elliot today at work and told him about The Brass Button. I guess he doesn't know anything about that, but there's another story. Seems there was a box of rubbers and Diane noticed some were missing and she asked him about it. He had one in his wallet, but he said someone asked him for it, but never asked again. In order to solve this part of the mystery, and find out if he's lying again, I've got to find out who asked him for it.
Elliot said Jane Brown is not even a realistic guess at Marty's mistress. I kind of thought that. I didn't think she was his type. Who the hell could it be? I'm pretty sure Sandy Moniz knows, but she's not talking. She's back over our place working shipping now, and it looks like she's there for a while. Maybe I can work on her.
Tomorrow is Elliot's birthday, and Steve's is Wednesday, but I haven't heard of anything going on tomorrow night. Steve said everybody will probably go to the Atlantic. I hope so. I could stand to get drunk tomorrow night. It's been a rough week.
I'm having a problem with school. I want to drop my Cities class, but there's nothing to take at the same time. I thought about changing to a business major right now, but I was talking to Mike Robertson tonight, and he told me it would be tough to do that right now. Speaking of school, my English prof, Linda Moniz, said lots of people keep diaries where they write down their daily thoughts. Sure, lots of people do that, but how many turn that diary into a book and make the book into a movie? That's what I'm going to do.
I spent $45.00 on books today, but that came out of the bank, and I'm rolling in the spending bucks. I bought two albums today and I'm going to the mall before school tomorrow to see if Midland Records has anything good. At 11:00, Pete's going to show me where the people are that can help me with my schedule problems.
New characters for movie:
Sandy McKee - Mackenzie Philips (looks a little same)
Marty - Robert Redford (thinks all women love him)
Sandy Moniz - Rona Barrett (nosy)
Jay - Sylvester Stallone (that's who he'd pick)
Dina - Linda Ronstadt (they're both gorgeous)
Elliot suggested tonight I ask Sally out. I asked him how he knew I liked her. He said he read the book. Good night. (Wish I could ask her out. Yum)

Only $45 on books? Try hundreds of dollars these days. Textbooks are the biggest moneymaking scheme there is. I did say that music was very important to me, which is why I still have tons of vinyl in storage, even though I have virtually everything I've ever liked stored in digital audio format.
I guess I have to settle for the diary being turned into a nostalgia blog instead of a book or movie. I can see a book of this diary on the shelf as a remainder at Book Warehouse, or God forbid, Building #19.

No comments:

Post a Comment