All of a sudden, this love story's turning into a mystery story. Diane tells me Marty was seen at a place called The Brass Button with two other guys and three girls. I've never heard of this place, so I asked Peter about it and he says it's on 44 somewhere. Somehow, Diane thinks that that's where he was Friday night while we were at the Atlantic waiting for him, and somehow Sandy, Jay, and Cheryl are involved, but they were supposedly in Providence. I don't know whether I should get involved or not, but I think there are some people who aren't talking who know more than they should know. And some people are talking too much. Who is it? Sandy McKee? Cheryl? Sandy Moniz? Jane Brown? It may even be Denise, because I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow she's involved in this. Through this book, I'm going to try to put clues together and solve this. The guilty party will pay.
OK. The Brass Button was on Rt 44 in Taunton. I must have driven by it a million times, so I don't know how I didn't know where it was. It was called Curley's Pub later on, burned to the ground a few years ago, and was rebuilt and reopened last month (January, 2009). That's mostly irrelevant, but kind of interesting.
So, obviously, I had a damn good idea who the mystery woman was since I mentioned her in my laundry list of "suspects". Let's move on, shall we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment