Monday, March 23, 2009

May 5, 1980 - Monday

Please don't ask me how I feel. I feel fine.
Oh, I cry a bit, don't sleep too good, but I'm fine.
When can I see you?
When can I touch you?
-Genesis "Please Don't Ask"

Goddamn, am I miserable, but I just can't put my finger on what's wrong. Nothing's going right for me again. You know something? I never used to be like this. I mean, I wasn't a great beacon, but I didn't used to totally hate the world like I do now. I know what it is.
Ever since my failure with Denise, I've lost my confidence and as a result I can't get what I want and I'm not happy. Today's my birthday, too, but I don't care. It's no milestone, and I hate it when people make a big deal over me. I'm nothing important and I know it. I wish I could just tell everybody to fuck off.
I think a lethargic attitude has taken over everyone. We beat Reed and Barton yesterday 12-6, but nobody really made a big deal over it. Nobody really cared. I don't even feel like playing anymore. Fat asshole jerk won't even let me start a game, and I'm getting pretty pissed off.

I'm guessing I was in a shitty mood when I wrote this. Damn it-I should have been starting those games. I was no better or worse a player than most of the guys on that team.
In retrospect, though, beating Reed and Barton, a company I had a history with a little later in life, was kind of sweet! They have a store here in North Conway. The next time I have to deliver mail to them, I should rub in in their faces. I'll bet that loss is still a bitter sting to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment